Monday 5 March 2018

Riot Ville 2018 Part 1


Sunday 4th March was the day for Riot Ville..



With my bag all packed I was ready to set off for a whole day of Warhammer Fantasy.



As I arrived all the tables were set up ready for gaming by Riot and Lano.
As I was going to be an ally for the day I had to choose who I would ally with...
The teams where Riot with his Chaos (I don't think the Dwarfs like them much) two Elfs armies Lano with Wood Elfs and Phil Dark Elfs (erm Dwarfs and Elfs...no...) Macca with his undead (nope) and Lee with the army of men..
So Dwarfs will fight with the armies of men.

Game 1 Chaos Vs Dwarfs
The game was scenario five there will be blood!
Kill everything!

My first Game was up against Riots Chaos army and this was my first game of Fantasy since June 2016 so fair to say I was rusty and a lot of shots of Lano to help with rules..

Here some pictures of the game...

Lots of shots went in to Riots beasts as he charged forward across the table...Luckily the Dwarfs mange to be on target for most but the Canon was left open..


Lets just say this was not pretty for the Dwarfs in the end but this Dwarf manage to hold them up for a couple of turns..

My Gyro Copter flew round on the right hand side killing some chaos warrior before being charged by a spawn and Ogres.


The Hammerers are not liking the look of those Knights..

Charge...

Crunch hooves and hammers go at it..
eventually the Hammerers chew through the Knights.

Behind the knights The Chaos Warriors sneak up to charge in next..



This went on for a bit even and Rot killing my Rune Smith and Hammerers Leader due to challenges..

On my left hand side my Long Beards were stuck on the other side... while a chariot changed and chews through my Organ Gun and thunders on the left. 


In the end the Chaos Warriors chews through my Hammerers Unit with the Thane and moved on towards my Long Beards that had my Lord in and BSB..

On the last turn Riot Cast a spell that goes off that deals unsaved words to a unit he needed a 6 to kill my lord and what happens...

Yep he rolled a 6..


That was a tough game those Chaos Warriors and Riots Wizard were hard as nails and with my low initiative was hard to get swings in it was also stupid of me to place my Long Beards over on the left the Hammerers needed back up but with that last gasp magic cast it was a great feat and a fun game overall even though we chewed through each others armies..it was a blood bath.
Chaos Victory.



Game 2

Beastman Vs Dwarfs
Scenario Three Treasure Hunt
Two objectives each 12 inches from the board edge 8 inches from each other. 

My next Game was against Anthony and he was allied with Riot with his Beastman. I have never played Beastman and Anthony's never played Dwarfs. Anthony's army was looking fantastic with some minis from Kingdom Death.





Beastman get first turn and start to move up the centre of the board with Razor Boars on the left flank and 2 Chariots on the right.



The Gyro Copter fly's off to meat the Chariots at full pelt.

The Dwarfs start to shoot at the oncoming troops with Canon balls ripping through and Thunderers hitting the mark..



The Razor Boar's sneak up on the left flank and say hello to the Thunderers unit.



Next this thing wants to join in!!



Antony's Wizard casted a horrid spell that basically blew up my Canon not before he rolled a double 6 and blew some of his unit up too.

Antony Then decided to get one of his Chariots to charge into my Hammerers..
Well it did not last long.



But waiting round the corner was a load more Beastman..




The Thunderers on the left flank kept the fire up on the Wizards unit to keep him at bay.



Antony charged my Hammerers and with low inactive and saving throws not doing anything the Hammerers started to die quick..

On the left the Thunderers were killed by the Razor Boars and they swiftly moved into the Longboards who made them flee..

The Gyro Copter on the right dive-bombed on the Chariots killing one but was then charged and killed but in revenge the Organ Gun Crew made short work of the remains Chariot.




The remaining Beastman charge the Long Beards and Antony's nightmarish eagle swops in to.
This is not looking good



On the left the remaining Thunderers are charged by a Spawn tying them in combat while the Wizards watches and laughs safely in cover..



The Beastman start to gradually chew through the Long Beards defence..



It starts to grind down and the final tern is over and with a few long beards left, an Organ gun and a Thunderers unit left Beastman take the victory for Chaos..

That game was good but both Antony and I were surprised at how armour saves did not help at all in this match up.



After the game I took some pictures of the other games going on..
Empire Vs Dark Elfs
Chaos Vs Vampire Counts

Dwarfs Vs High Elfs

Right thats lunch next game 3....

1 comment:

riot ville said...

Great photos mate.

Glad you enjoyed yourself!