Monday 9 October 2017

Paint On Brush...Getting the Wargaming Mojo back.

Over the last coupe of weeks I have been putting lot of stuff on ebay clearing space and trying to streamline my hobby.

After selling said minis I bought a couple of things from a face book group on the cheap. I finally got my hands on a Lord of Plagues mini which I have always really liked the look of.







This sparked me to get some paint on brush and went about getting this finished as quick as I could.



It tuned out not to bad after an hour or so of brush time. I did have to think should I go the square base or round base for a while but opted with the round base using some of the spare cork I had from Ikea.


Also this week I took the plunged and ordered the Warhammer 40K 8th book and from first impression the rules look very quick to pick up and the book itself is full of awesome art work. I know I will have fun reading all this and see how they have progressed the story in the 40k universe.



I also bought some dice as well as you do seen as my army was death guard in 5/6/7 editions..




This week also saw a new pound shop open up near by ( we all love a pound shop right) so obviously I had to take a look to see if there was anything I could use hobby wise and by the looks of things I may have hit jack pot!




Look at all of these sprays and the colours!!

I bought a couple and I can say the Army Issue Black and Grey work well but obviously need a good shake and warming up a bit before use.
I want to try the neon spray on some of my dead zone terrain at some point.


After all this the big buzz last week was the new theme lists for Warmachine and Hordes so I have been busy lately making some list to try (which I am not the best at) but its getting me worried as I may need more units.... most likely though I will have to proxy for now which I am sure my gaming buddies won't mind.

So the mojo for painting and gaming is coming back. Its amazing what a mini can do to spark you into painting and also the new buzz with Warmachine and 40k I may be throwing dice very soon.


1 comment:

Riot said...

Good to see you back.

Hopefully we will see you at the Biscuit on the 19th of October?